Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Post of Randomness: Wedding Edition



Today is Tuesday.

I am getting married on Friday.

The following things must happen before this can take place:
  • manicure and pedicure
  • payment for and obtaining of birdcage veil
  • ensuring for the 100th time that my bra does not show due to the low back of my dress
  • creation of one bouquet of button flowers
  • multiple 3-mile runs to maintain my stress level
  • multiple attempts to not break my own leg prior to said wedding ceremony (remind me to tell you all about the slick stairs, the fall, the hairline fracture, and the crutches that happened for my college graduation)
  • menu planning for a weekend at home
Yes, a weekend at home. Originally, Shannon and I were going to retire to the country for a relaxing weekend of camping and fishing. That was before my parents' neighbors decided to throw their annual Halloween party this Saturday. I don't really want to spend my honeymoon with 40 of my closest and drunkest friends. So, we're staying home. I mean that in a good way.

I'll be going apple picking on Saturday morning. I'm making something sinful for dinner that night which we plan to eat in the backyard with glasses of wine and my chimnea smoking away happily to keep the chill off the night air. Sunday we're headed somewhere for brunch and a hike. I fully intend for it to be an amazing weekend.

I also fully intend to use The Precious. You see, the coworkers gifted me with The Precious last Friday, and I have some Monster Cookies to make as a thank you for such an awesome wedding present.

In a nutshell? There's much to do before Friday. I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment