Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chard


I'm going to reveal my inner 13-year-old boy and tell you that when I see the word "chard" I automatically read it as "chode" which is not the same thing at all. I also giggle. I'm totally inappropriate, all the time.

Despite this fact, I have developed a crush on chard. It's only two days old, my crush, but it's been heady enough to mean I've eaten my way through a bunch of red chard on my own since Monday. I finished it last night. By myself. In some pasta.

I'm sometimes freaked out by the way that the flavor creeps its way up the back of my throat to attack my nose, but aside from that, I don't have any complaints. I've thoroughly enjoyed the red chard sautéed with some garlic, salt and pepper and tossed with a fettucine or spaghetti. Last night, I partnered it up with some roasted red pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini before tossing it on top of a spicy Italian chicken sausage. I have to tell you, everyone played nicely together. It was a delightful dinner I was able to throw together in about fifteen minutes.

So, chard made my week better. I just wanted to share that.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, chard and roasted red pepper is so good.

    My inner 13- year-old boy laughed too.

    ReplyDelete