Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Weekend Challenge 3/12

As if the painting of our bedroom and finalizing of the rearrangement weren't enough of a challenge for the weekend, I am also going to add to the list two recipes that I've been saving up for about two weeks now.

First, I want to make a Jessica-friendly version of the Coffee Toffee Bars that I found over at Tasty Kitchen. It's going to mean switching some things up, specifically removing the coffee and the chocolate. While I know that seems to be removing all that make the Coffee Toffee Bar the Coffee Toffee Bar, the base dough recipe sounded so delightful, I really need to try it. I'll be adding coconut, cherries and white chocolate chips, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

I've also decided to enter another recipe contest, this one focusing on use of sweet potatoes. My plans for a Sweet Potato Casserole Bread are in full execution mode, and I'm very excited to see where it takes me. A combination of cinnamon, marshmallows, nuts and sweet potato puree doesn't sound as if it can go wrong, though, does it? If it turns out, I'll be sure to share the info with you as that's part of the requirement.

I'm also going to be working, at some point, on baking and frosting cupcakes. It was part of my plan for last weekend, but I was so bogged down with running around that I totally misjudged the amount of time I had. Poor time management. I don't know that I've learned anything after teaching my freshman seminar in the fall. Regardless, I'm adding cupcakes back into this weekend's challenges, and I hope to successfully complete them this time around.

Add in a trip to the farmers' market tomorrow morning and some homemade pizza dough for dinner tomorrow night and you have my weekend in nutshell. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment