Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cupcake Sunday

As I promised myself, I broke out the frosting (homemade almond buttercream) and the rose nail today. I spent the better part of thirty minutes messing with the temperature, the angle of my hand, the quickness of my drawing, and I finally found the style that worked for me. After a number of failed attempts, we had frosting rose success, my friends!



Hooray!

It was a momentous occasion that I marked by creating a cupcake covered in nothing but roses.



Globs of gooey, sugary sweet buttercream roses. After pictures concluded, and oh did they commence to begin with, I promptly made Shannon devour all evidence that said rose success ever existed in the first place. I think it had more to do with not wanting to spend days upon days barricading said cupcake into safety in my refrigerator than it did about wanting to see someone enjoy the fruits of my labor. Although, he did make it look rather enjoyable.



How can you not love that face? It's the face of perfect cupcake-eating bliss. It's also the face of a man who knows he's being photographed for posterity eating  a giant rose-covered cupcake. He worked it as best he could, and we moved forward from this moment to the ridiculous baking and decorating of many, many cupcakes. Below is a small glimpse into my madness.



Cupcakes for any occasion. Pretty and pretty darned tasty.

If you're wanting to make your own buttercream, I suggest heading over here and borrowing the recipe from Wilton. They certainly know what they're talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment