Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Holy Crepes!


I find myself witty because it's Sunday. There was no better day than today to make crepes. Basic, easy-to-make, tasty-to-eat crepes. Fill 'em up with whatever you want, crepes are a versatile and lovely breakfast companion.

Today, I tried berries and ricotta.


Sautéed spinach and garlic with turkey sausage and a smidge of melted mozzarella and parmesan.


And the classic and classy peanut butter, banana and honey.


I really don't know why I don't make crepes more often.

I'm going to make a concerted effort - as should you - to take advantage of the crepe a little more often. A fair bit of consistency is warranted, I think. To make sure you (we) stay true, here's my gift to you.

Simple Crepes
Serves: 8
Points: 2

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons Splenda
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup fat-free milk

In a medium bowl combine flour and Splenda. Gently beat eggs. Add eggs and milk to dry ingredients and whisk to combine.

Place batter in refrigerator for 30 minutes.

Warm a small skillet coated with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. Ladle batter into the skillet in 1/4 cup increments. Allow to cook briefly, approximate 1 - 2 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment