Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sloth


I would like to say that I started the year out right, blogging on a consistent basis and keeping up with things as only I can pretend to be able. It just wasn't the case, though.

I have started out the year this way.

Tired.

I think the three weeks of vacation that I took from my job have unintentionally turned me into a sloth. I miss nine hours of continuous sleep. I find myself falling into bed around 9pm to ensure that I'm getting said nine hours of sleep even though it means that I don't have a real life five days of the week. In all reality, it's getting kind of silly.

In an effort to combat the sloth, I did 1 1/2 hours of Wii Fit Plus Snowball Fighting last night. Tonight, I'm hitting my favorite Piloga class (pilates/yoga combo, in case you didn't get the weird name reference). At some point, I might actually attempt to do a cardio class that will effectively wipe the floor with my face.

All this being said, I am only mildly hopeful that I will put the sloth at bay. I feel as if the sloth may take residence, in some ways, until the spring. Until the arrival of longer, sunnier days perhaps.

I feel as if I need to toast the arrival of the sloth.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure this sloth photo scared the bejeebus out of me.

    You need to tell me more about this Piloga. Should I give it a try?

    ReplyDelete