Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Nothing to Do

I am in the midst of a full-blown ode to the awesomeness of finishing all of your household chores in one day. Today, I quite literally get to spend the entire day sitting on my couch and watching movies. The entire day.

I have not done this since....well, probably since the summer. Granted, this is my first week of vacation in what will be four weeks of vacation in the span of two months, but I'm wise enough to know that I won't be spending all that much time lazing around the house. The holidays are fast approaching, and it's a truth universally acknowledged in out household that the next four weekends are already booked solid by friends and family. To say that today is a brief respite in the middle of weeks and weeks of crazy is an understatement.

With all of that being said, I still want to fire up my mixer and make some cookies. I'm shaking my head at my own inability to fully enjoy a day on the couch without wondering what I could be doing if I wasn't busy doing nothing. In honor of this bit of ridiculous workaholism, I have made a list of things I could be doing at this very moment.

1. Discussing the latest Harry Potter film with my sister who lives in California
2. Making whoopie pies for my husband
3. Folding the piles of laundry that have accumulated in my basement
4. Surfing the interwebs
5. Compiling a Christmas list (which has already been requested by four people in my family and it's not even Thanksgiving)
6. Making a batch of seitan as we have gone back to being lacto-ovo vegetarians
7. Sealing the windows for the winter
8. Unpacking and sorting through my Christmas decorations
9. Attempting to find a location for the rice cooker, glass set, and KitchenAid Ice Cream attachment we received as wedding gifts
10. Sweeping because in a house with three pets and  no carpet, you have to sweep every day

Of course, I won't be doing any of these things today. Well, almost any of them. I might make some cookies, though. And while they're baking I'll sit happily on the couch reading my People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive issue while praying that the Green Lantern doesn't totally suck for Ryan Reynolds.

1 comment:

  1. How did seitan making go? Back when I was vegan I could never quite get it to go right.

    ReplyDelete