Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

To-Do List: Run a 5K....Check!



Yesterday, I ran a 5K. My first 5K, actually. And you know what?

I was pretty darned happy with the results.

I set a personal record for my fastest time of 34:13. If you do the math, that means I was running somewhere in the vicinity of an 11-minute mile. What?! Really?! So true. Plus, I placed 262 in the run. It doesn't sound too spectacular. Until you know that there were 579 runners. Not too shabby for my first time out. Not too shabby at all.

Now that I've accomplished this goal for myself, I'm taking on the Susan G. Komen 5K on June 12 with my baby sister. We're going to run for our mom. Our mom who is a 25-year breast cancer survivor. I don't think there's any better reason to run.

We'll be getting back to our regularly scheduled cooking and sharing shortly. I just had to get that little bit of running out of my system! What an accomplishment...and on a Saturday no less!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Jess. I wish you many more happy miles ahead. Now that you know what can do, don't stop challenging yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first time placing! Not too shabby!

    ReplyDelete