Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

If You Give a Man a Skillet...

He'll make something like this.



Shannon made himself brunch yesterday and it consisted of the most ridiculous sandwich I've ever seen.

I say ridiculous because, frankly, there's almost one full avocado on the top of that sandwich. There is also a glob o' mayonnaise (full fat because my fat-free "tastes funny") on his slice of toast.

In his defense, he did say that after eating the sandwich he could have used "less avocado" and the mayonnaise was "unnecessary." He was pretty darned proud of his idea to mix soy chorizo in with the egg, though. I can't say I blame him. Soy chorizo is kind of badass.

All ridiculousness aside, he inspired me. I have a great little idea for an open faced breakfast gordita that combines some of his many flavors. Except that stack of plain avocado on top? It's going to be guacamole.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray for guacamole! I don't get to eat nearly enough of it because the mister doesn't like avocados. Your open faced breakfast sandwich sounds dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the sandwich you told me about? Shannon is ridiculous...and an evil genius. Looks delicious! haha

    ReplyDelete