Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hot Cross Buns



I won't take any credit for this delicious recipe. It's not mine, and I don't steal. However, I will tell you that the suggestion to add your own spices encouraged me for some reason. I think it's because the encouragement came from Pioneer Woman, and I think she's pretty swell. So you know what I did? I added my own spice.

I recently visited the spice shop in our local farmers' market for the second time, and I picked up some cardamom. It's a spice I've seen in a number of recipes, but I'd never been able to find it at a reasonable price. Low and behold, the spice shop had it and had it cheap. I snagged some. The hot cross buns were the first recipe to feel the warm touch of my new cardamom purchase.

I think it was a good choice. Delicious.

Now that you've seen that anyone can make these buns, you should head on over to PW's site and pick up the recipe for yourself. And remember, don't be afraid to add your own spice. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment