Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PB&J Muffin Version 2.0 Redux

Seriously. We're doing it this time. Or, shall I say, we did it this time. The PB&J Muffins have been mixed, poured, baked and are now resting comfortably on my stove top.

And you know what?

They look awesome!

Ta-dah!
 

 

See, this is the part where you pretend that I have a really great camera (you know, one of those things that was on my wish list in the last few weeks), and you ooohhh and aaahhh over how delicious they look.

 

Really, they don't look bad. They don't look as wonderful golden and yummy as they are, though. Damn you, point and shoot. Damn you!

 

 


Notice the Halloween cupcake liner? I'm all about being thrifty, and I've had these bad boys hanging out in my baking cabinet for more than two Halloweens. I decided it was time they were used, and since Shannon is the only one who is going to feast on my PB&J lovelies, I figured he could deal with the incorrect seasonal cupcake liner. He likes spooky things, too, so maybe this will make him feel more comfortable.

 

 

 

Inside, they're moist and peanut buttery. You can see the little jelly crevice in the center. My goal for next time? Make it bigger. I used about 1/2 teaspoon of strawberry jam per muffin. I think I'll up that to (at least) 1 teaspoon for the next batch. I've reflected the extra jam in the recipe below. You really want that sweetness to come through the richness of the peanut butter. 

 

All things considered, these are just lovely, too.

 

Quick Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins

Serves: 12

Points: 4 

 

2 cups Original Bisquick mix

3 tbsp brown sugar, packed

1 cup fat-free milk

1 tbsp

1 egg

3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter

1/4 cup strawberry jam

 

Pre-heat the oven to 400 F. Place liners in a muffin tin.

 

Combine the Bisquick and the brown sugar in a large bowl.

 

In a smaller bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and peanut butter until well combined.

 

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until a smooth batter forms.

 

Place 1/4 cup peanut butter batter into each muffin cup. Drop 1 teaspoon of strawberry jam into the center of each partially filled cup. Top with an additional 1/8 cup batter.

 

Bake for 13 - 18 minutes or until muffins are golden brown. Allow to cool for at least five minutes in the muffin tin before eating so the wrapper doesn't stick to the muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment