Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Every Three-Day Weekend Needs a Plan



Or so I tell myself on a rather consistent basis. Let's be honest, almost every weekend I have has some sort of plan to it. It's not because I don't enjoy relaxing or because I'm some sort of crazy workaholic, though Shannon might argue with both of those statements. I find that it's mostly because of the following:

  • I live near my family again after being on the road from 2004 - 2007. They like me a little bit. What can I say?

  • I've been integrated into Shannon's family, and they have A LOT of people and A LOT of birthdays, celebrations, gatherings. We haven't seen them since February. This is odd.

  • During the week, it's not uncommon for me to leave the house at 7:30am and return at 8pm. I work a long day, and I then go to the gym. While the latter is definitely all about me, it also leaves less time to do house-related things such as the dishes. Thank goodness my better half doesn't mind having dish pan hands. What a guy!

  • I like to see my friends. I just happen to like to see them a lot, and I don't like to miss anything. Thus, I have a hard time saying I can't be somewhere if I can manage to squeeze it in.


In reality, the biggest part of my busy weekend schedule is that I like to be busy. I like to move. I like to work. I like to feel accomplished at the end of the day. Don't get me wrong, I sure do like watching a good movie or a marathon of Forensic Files. It's just that after a while, my booty goes numb and I feel like a vegetable, and I just can't have that for too long.

So, this three-day weekend is not so unlike so many other weekends in my arsenal. Being a holiday weekend, it's got even more jam-packed into it. On Friday, though, I have high hopes of a) going for a nice, long run in the park to savor the last sunny day before the storms roll in for the weekend, b) mow the lawn, c) turn the earth in my flower beds, and d) plant some things.

The last one is a bit vague, I know. I'm working on what I'm going to plant. Part of me is gearing up for some flowers. Part of me is dying to put some veggies in. Part of me just wants to get my hands dirty. I'll take pictures as I'm sure it'll be enlightening.

I'm also going to make these adorable little cupcakes to take with us to our respective family gatherings. How cute, right? Bakerella is a wonder. I love her blog, and I think you should, too.

After that, Saturday and Sunday are a cake walk. No big deal. All we'll be doing is soaking up time with our families, dying Easter eggs, and enjoying large amounts of food that we had no hand in preparing. Excellent.

For now, I'll leave you with this, a promise. A promise that tomorrow night I am cooking something worthy of a recipe run down. Last night, I just didn't have the energy to pick up the camera, and tonight is just tacos. Plain, boring tacos. If I get crazy and whip up something nutty, you'll be the first to know. As always.

No comments:

Post a Comment