Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Precious

I didn't let myself down this weekend. I cooked. I really did. Not nearly as much as I would have liked, but I definitely cooked.

I was only sidelined briefly by the allure of pepperoni and mushroom pizza. I made up for it by making a fantastic red wine and rosemary mushroom sauce. I may have put it on a piece of medium steak.

I'll share the pictures and the recipes this week. For sure. Now, though, I'm going to share a simply picture I ripped off the interwebs.

"Why?" you ask.

"Because," I respond before pressing 'upload.'


I post this because this little lovely recently made its way onto our wedding registry. I didn't tell anyone because, well, no one was around for me to tell. But now I'm telling you. I did it. I put it on our registry. The one gift I have been saying will be on our registry is now on our registry. It was a moment, I'm telling you. A real moment.

It feels almost as if I have the slim chance of being reunited with my long-lost twin sister. If we receive nothing else but this mixer, life will still be glorious and wonderful and beautiful.

It really is my version of the One Ring. Scary, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. [...] also fully intend to use The Precious. You see, the coworkers gifted me with The Precious last Friday, and I have some Monster Cookies to [...]

    ReplyDelete