Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Pico de Gallo Heaven, There You Are

I have to give a major shout out to The Pioneer Woman for her fantastic pico de gallo recipe. I have never in my life been able to make decent pico. Ever. Until now. Without actual measurements beyond "equal parts tomato, onion, cilantro," I was able to make the freshest, tastiest, and downright happiest pico ever for my New Years Eve bash. It was a smashing success, even with Shan. He took one bite last night and was in fresh pico heaven despite his usual vocal disdain for cilantro in any form be it freshly chopped or smoothly pasted.

I'm not going to spoil all the beauty that she detailed in her recipe by posting my own pictures, but I will direct you here to check it out for yourself. You will not regret visiting, I promise.

On this very sunshine-filled, Midwestern New Years Day morning, I just wanted to make sure that I sent a huge blog "thank you" to Ree for changing my pico world as I know it. You are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment